Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Rough Days

This is Lil Sister.  I brought her into this world myself via c-section, back in 2011.  I raised her and I loved her.  Sis got sick this winter.  Bad sick.  I thought she was getting better but the weather changed, she picked up a respiratory infection and she didn't make it through.  

Lucky goat, another I raised in the house, is now sick.  He never left Sis' side, comforted her, kept her warm like the true companion he is.  Lucky took a trip to the vet yesterday, got several shots, some IV fluids, got mad, bit the vet and held a grudge for the rest of the day.  Today, he's slightly better and wearing one of my ex-husbands sweatshirts.  I figured what the heck, the ex left it behind so I might as well get some good use out of it!  Of course, Lucky is not pleased and I'm sure he will chew it off before tonight.  But, for now, he's wearing it, LOL

 Here's the latest addition to the soap inventory.  Coffee soap. This recipe is touted as the perfect smell remover, taking care of everything from garlic and onion to gasoline smell.  It's got another week of cure then I'm going to give it a try!
 These 2 goofballs are the chickens I hatched out in November.  They got turned out during the warmer weather last week and were too stubborn to stay in the barn.  They insisted on being close to me and took up residence next to the front porch.  Of course, being the good "Mom" I am, I could not allow them to stay out there during the hard freeze and snow storm so here they are, back in the house, complaining and cackling with the first light.
 The fat little Lionhead bunnies are weaned and ready to go to new homes.  

Other than the bitter cold and losing one of my all time favorite milking goats/pets, it's life as usual around the farm for the middle of February.  Still no seed started, glad I didn't start any for this nasty freeze and lousy weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment